02 June 2009

at the vigil

Representative Carolyn Maloney promised at NYC's vigil for Dr. George Tiller to introduce legislation to protect reproductive healthcare clinics, providers and patients. I just sent her an email thanking her and encouraging her to do just that. If you would like to send her an email, she can be contacted here. The switchboard number is 202.224.3121, if you'd like to give her a call.

My letter:
Dear Congresswoman Maloney:

Thank you very much for being at the vigil for Dr. George Tiller. Thank you especially for committing to introducing legislation to protect providers and patients. I want to look at my government and feel respected, supported, and protected.

Please keep me up to date on any legislation you introduce and how I can help on the ground. I cannot think of a better way to use my time and passion than helping secure the safety of doctors, nurses and patients.

Again, thank you for your commitment to reproductive justice, and I look forward to being a loud voice in support of your bill.
Contact her for yourself, for every woman you know, for every provider, for Dr. Tiller. Then contact your own legislators.

May our voices be louder than the people outside the clinics, than the harassment, than the single gun shot, than the bombs, than all the domestic terrorism they can hurl at us. And may our government be half as brave as the men and women behind those clinic doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment